Job Title: Regional Sales Manager - Southeast
Reports to: Director Sales
Travel Required: 30 - 50%
The Regional Sales Manager – Southeast role is responsible for identifying and cultivating relationships and profitable revenue growth with new and existing accounts throughout the Southeast. Primary responsibilities are to identify new customers and market segments, quoting new business opportunities and to manage all account activities involved in the business relationships at strategic customers within the region. Additional responsibilities include developing and executing sales plans, forecasting and monitoring sales and margin performance.
Essential Functions: (essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and frequency at which tasks are performed; the tasks must be part of the job function and truly necessary or required to perform the job)
- Identify growth opportunities at new and existing customers to meet and exceed regional growth expectations; identify new markets and business segments within the assigned region: Georgia, North & South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi.
- Quote customers as required on new controls and projects based on costing and application inputs from internal teams.
- Spend the appropriate time needed to meet growth metrics: 50% time spent “hunting” new business opportunities, 25% time managing current business and 25% coordinating projects & managing new RFQs
- Work closely with Directors of Sales to develop and execute sales plan to drive stable share growth and financial results.
- Management of key inputs to develop and manage sales reports, financial reporting docs and support of annual sales plan. Will include monthly and quarterly reporting of results.
- Facilitate internal weekly team meetings to ensure communication and collaboration on open projects and customer requirements are being managed effectively across the entire team.
- Perform proactive customer visits interacting at all levels of the customer organization. Required to engage in interactive problem solving, value-add selling, project management and engineering solutions. Includes efforts relative to existing applications as well as new projects and product development requiring close engineering collaboration.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships across entire scope of customers’ organization – includes procurement, application engineering, sales, marketing, quality, finance and accounting – to improve and grow relationships in execution of our overall business plan.
- Provide regular financial reviews identifying key metrics of the business along with an updated P&L
- Communicate monthly update for the financial performance leading to the annual forecast.
- Demonstrate compliance to the forecast along with a discussion on competitive threats and/or opportunities.
- Other Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with inside Sales Coordinators, Project Engineers, Supply Chain and Quality team to expedite day to day issues and customer requests to fully meet customer expectations
- Identify and make recommendations to management team on emerging markets, trends, product gaps
- Maintain and deliver seamless communication between customers, manufacturing locations and internal team members
- Participate in Customer Application Reviews to ensure proper fit-up and tolerances on existing and new projects
- Provide input to Engineering on product design and information for published materials and collateral on product specs
- Participation and support at Trade Shows and industry events
Skills & Knowledge
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Experience with all aspects of project management
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to collaborate with multiple functions of an organization in order to successfully meet deadlines and customer expectations
- Strong aptitude in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Must have ability to develop PowerPoint presentations to support company and product line details for initial sales calls, special projects, product launches and other required streams of information.
- Experience and ability to conduct technical presentations to large customer groups and key stakeholders
- Experience in developing and implementing strong value proposition for current & new markets and making recommendations to the leadership team on emerging markets, trends, product gaps and new opportunities
- Experience in developing pricing strategy to achieve gross margin and revenue performance targets
Required education and experience: (education and experience based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity)
- Bachelor’s or Technical Degree required. (Will consider significant and relevant experience in lieu of degree)
- A minimum of 5 years of outside sales experience
- Ability to collaborate with design engineers and product/project managers in efforts to provide technical assistance and support of controls requirements in the sales process
- Prior experience with developing strategic sales plans and revenue forecasts
Preferred education and experience: (preferred education and experience based on requirements that are job related and consistent with business necessity)
- 5-10 years of outside sales experience within relevant or adjacent business
- Prior ERP or MRP experience
- Lean Six Sigma training and/or certification
Additional eligibility qualifications: (additional requirements such as certifications, industry-specific experience and the experience working with certain equipment)
- Valid driver's license
- Currently possess, or have the ability to obtain, a US passport
Physical Demands/ Equipment used to perform the job:
- Ability to walk through manufacturing facilities with uneven floors and fluctuating temperatures
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and read a computer monitor
- Ability to travel up to 50% outside normal work hours/days
*It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment and to all of our locations.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.