Sales Manager for the NORTHERN MIDWEST Territory selling to two channels:
End-users such as Road and Bridge Contractors, Commercial Construction, Civil Construction/ Wastewater Treat AND to Industrial distribution either in Concrete Accessory or STAFDA houses
Distributors to service include Logan Contractors Supply, NuWay, K&K, Brock White, White Cap, Carter Waters, Goedecke, Carroll Construction Supply
Contractors – Kiewit Engineers and Walker Consultants such as Ram Tool, CSG, HD Supply - White Cap, Construction Materials Ltd.
Candidates must have experience selling these products to these clients in Midwest of at least 3-5 years.
OTHERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Reports to: National Sales Director
Purpose of role:
- To achieve agreed sales targets
- To build fruitful relationships with new customers
- To establish strong relationships with existing customers
- To develop brand recognition in the territory
- Take responsibility for all sales and marketing activity throughout the territory
- Generate appointments
- Prepare presentations and sales materials
- Manage customers to ensure alignment of solutions with customer expectations
- Lead customer negotiations
- Optimize sales to achieve profit
- Gather, analyze and communicate market intelligence
- Contribute to the definition of sales budgets, volume and pricing forecasts
- Produce annual sales forecasts to assist in preparing company budgets
- Update sales pipeline and produce monthly forecasts
- Attend monthly sales meetings by Skype or in person
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Prepare accurate site surveys
- Participate in trade shows
- Liaise with sales estimators and technical personnel
- Produce customer case studies for company marketing activity.
- A proven track record of selling high end construction products to Concrete Accessory or STAFDA houses like those mentioned above.
- Sales these high-end private label adhesives and epoxy private label products will go thru 3rd party distributors, AS WELL AS END USERS in construction and engineering. A track record in this or a closely related field in Texas is required here as are ongoing relationships with distributors.
- Must have technical or construction background/education Familiarity with adhesives, resins, epoxies etc., used in construction projects / Must feel "at home" on construction sites and understand technical specifications and requirements in construction.
- An engineering, construction or chemicals education and background required.
- A network of contacts among Distributors mentioned above is a huge advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to build strong working relationships
- Proactive and self-motivated to achieve objectives
- Bachelor's Degree is ideal but experience in selling Fasteners, Epoxies, Adhesives for Concrete and Cement is to large national players in construction and engineering of 5 years is key here
- A high standard of written and spoken English. Spanish a plus