Regional Sales Director with CyberSecurity background in PA or Ohio.
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for delivering aggressive revenue targets in assigned region through management of key sales activities. Responsible for direct management of Account Managers and Sales Engineers in the assigned region. This is a home office-based position within this assigned region. This role will be focused on selling Computer Networking and CyberSecurity software products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhering to company policy and ethical guidelines is critical in this role. Sets the ethical standards for the region.
- Follows company guidelines and direction as set by the CEO
- Maintains a can do positive attitude
- Responsible for making sure we are calling on economic buyers in all projects over $100K
- Develops and maintains key relationships with customers and prospects through disciplined selling techniques – this is a hands-on position where we expect the Regional Director to have their own relationships in accounts.
- Recruits, develops, and optimizes individual performance within the Sales team, which may include both Sales Account Managers and/or Sales Engineers. Assesses skill, effort, and effectiveness among team members and employs corrective/supportive activities as required. Ensures and supports use of effective sales techniques throughout the team.
- Assists Account Managers in setting individual account strategies, performance objectives, and personal goals.
- Follows through to provide coaching and to assure implementation, completion, and feedback.
- Develops and maintains effective communications and liaison relationships with staff and field personnel that support effective achievement of regional and corporate goals.
- Liaises with other Regional Directors to ensure a consistent, unified face to the customer and company Sales personnel.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and makes recommendations to improve sales methods, organization and coverage
- Substantial travel within region and occasionally beyond is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. MBA desirable.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver strategic sales plans in the market, selling Networking and Security software products.
- Relevant technical competency in network products to enable recognition and competent discussion of issues and their solutions.
- Track record of exceptional and consistent quota achievement through management of a region.
- Trained in sales management – has attended relevant sales management courses.
- 5+ years of management experience
- 10+ years of relevant field sales experience in networking/network management or Security technologies.
- Network Security industry experience.
- Solid history leading a successful Sales Team, strong motivator and creative/effective coach.
- Demonstrated communication skills with a focus on effective presentation of company's value proposition.
- Candidate will be home office based.
- Travel within region and occasionally beyond is required