As a leader, identify and execute cost savings initiatives, build supplier relationships, ensure continuous supply of materials and services while managing working capital for your assigned region of 3 to 5 plants. Collaborate with global category managers and plant organization stakeholders on specific category strategies to provide the lowest cost of ownership solution, while providing high quality materials and services. Oversee working capital initiatives through collaboration with plant organization and supplier base.
This role will have direct and indirect reports and will require some leading through influence.
- Provide input to the Global category managers for the region, regarding specific plant requirements during the sourcing and strategy development stages.
- Lead implementation of cost savings initiatives for the region including ongoing monitoring after implementation, to ensure achievement of cost savings for the region.
- Identify initiatives for the region to reduce costs and improve services and quality received by the supplier base for material and services.
- Monitor supplier contractual terms for the region to ensure compliance, including company policy, service, quality, and volume commitments.
- Be the main point of contact for the review and approval of regional supplier contracts.
- Be the main point of contact as the escalation point for supplier issues for the region to ensure continuity of supply, to support plant requirements.
- Ensure regional working capital targets are met by monitoring processes within procurement to minimize aged raw materials and support initiatives to reduce carrying costs related to inventory levels.
- Monitor processes and controls for compliance and collaborate with other region procurement management teams for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with regional procurement management team to develop dashboards, metrics, and measure to identify areas of improvement for each region.
- Communicate regularly with internal customers as to the results of the dashboards and metrics.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of purchasing experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Experience using an ERP computer system to plan and procure materials as required
- Proven strong communication, negotiation, analytical, and project management skills required
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- CPM certification is a plus