Lucas Group has partnered with a medical device manufacturer in the Kennesaw area seeking to hire a Quality Technician. He/she will perform a variety of quality control checks to ensure appropriate utilization of equipment, commodities, product and procedures for the assigned production area. Conduct and document a variety of visual, functional and dimensional testing and advanced metrology instruments. The individual must be detailed oriented, performance driven, hands on, have technical understanding and organizational skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret and write specifications, product drawings, work instructions and standards
- Inspects products to ensure conformance to established quality standards
- Performs destructive and non-destructive testing
- Performs containment, root cause analysis, corrective action, and verification activities
- Facilitates problem solving events
- Conducts First Article Inspections
- Issues production line Certificates of Compliance
- Completes film and real time X-Ray evaluations
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates/Bachelors degree strongly preferred to include coursework in science or engineering
- 2+ year manufacturing experience preferably within the medical device industry to include a strong understanding of metrology.
- Experience with blue print reading (GDT or similar)
- Ability to diagnose root cause, verify corrective action and controls that prevent recurrence