Quality Supervisor is responsible for supervision of Food Safety and Quality (FSQA) personnel, and quality programs, including the planning and implementation of the quality management program on 2nd Shift. Will be tasked with the implementation and daily execution of product specification testing, food safety and quality procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the activities of the Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA) team for implementation of quality and food safety programs (HACCP and SSOP) and procedures.
- Monitor activities to ensure team member safety and accurately report any unsafe acts to prevent workplace safety incidents. Coordinate with site safety team for annual LOTO training for FSQA team.
- Recommends new quality policies and procedures as necessary to ensure high quality products, processes and services.
- Communicates programs and procedures to FSQA team other plant team members by performing in-class and hands-on training.
- Maintains good communication and working relationships with the FSQA team, site Operations team and USDA personnel, ensuring that all USDA regulations are being followed.
- Interfaces with facility team to assist in problem solving using root cause analyses when investigating daily personnel and processing incidents.
- Ensure customer quality programs are executed and communicates issues to site management team to assure the plant is complying with customer specifications.
- Complete additional task as directed by QA Manager or Superintendent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or Life Sciences preferred; 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience with an understanding of food safety and HACCP regulations to include proven supervisory experience.
- Must have an understanding of USDA and OSHA regulations.
- Must have proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). SAP experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Must have good technical reading and writing skills.
- Must have good math and analytical skills.
- Must become well versed in customers' quality programs in short period of time.
- Must be dependable and prompt with strong integrity and work ethic.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment; able to work well with others.
Ideal candidates will have strong fundamentals in the following:
- Food safety concepts and techniques
- Food testing concepts and techniques
- Quality assurance concepts and techniques
- Food processing equipment
- Employee relations concepts and generally accepted practices