* This company is specifically seeking candidates with Military experience. *
Lead and supervise the hourly Quality Assurance team members and work with all team members to optimize the use of all resources and successfully support all initiatives required to resolve quality issues
and achieve superior plant PQMS performance.
• Maintain a safe working environment at all times, including housekeeping, enforcement of safety rules and monitoring of safety performance and activities.
• Support innovative hiring and training procedures and provide leadership to employees’ quality efforts:
• Lead by example.
• Staff quality positions with qualified, competent employees to accomplish key quality objectives.
• Engage in actively supporting and participating with flow team managers, project engineers, and all team members in problem solving initiatives and action steps that improve quality.
• Participate in weekly finishing color meetings.
• Monitor and facilitate the enforcement all quality SOP’s.
• Set goals and conduct performance evaluations; motivate employees to reach or exceed department and individual goals. Promote positive recognition.
• Maintain accountability among employees and conduct counseling and discipline as needed.
• Assure compliance to all product specifications by working closely with all manufacturing areas:
• Drive PQMS in the plant.
• Facilitate training as required/needed in area of quality.
• Provide written and/or visual quality specifications.
• Communicate with clients.
• Provide feedback to manufacturing on quality issues.
• Measure key quality indicators and publish results.
• Communicate and track quality needs and issues from internal and external providers.
• Assist in the testing of new products and components.
• Communicate and support quality policies, manuals and updates.
• Promote continuous improvement of problem prevention skills/application at the locations.
• Assist as requested with the overseeing and coordination of the sales force’s Universal Feedback Forms (UFF). Communicate results to manufacturing managers/supervisors.
• TEAMWORK: Support efforts by all team members to
continuously improve company performance.
May supervise hourly employees in the quality assurance department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
• B.S. degree in Business or Engineering preferred;
• Minimum 3 years experience in a quality or manufacturing position (preferred);
• Minimum of 3 years of supervision experience; multiple departments
• Experience and education in SPC techniques; continuous improvement practices, process analysis, Data Analysis, and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis.