* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Quality Manager ensures Food Safety and Quality is always maintained. Promotes a safe and quality orientated environment. Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF System, including food safety fundamentals, food safety plan and food quality plan. Communicate to all relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF system. The Quality Manager position reports to the vice President.
This is not a desk job! A successful Quality Manager will take action, roll up their sleeves and take charge to ensure food safety and quality production.
Essential Job Functions:
- SQF Practitioner, responsible for validation and verification of the SQF system
- Enforces GMP guidelines and obtains GMP Certification
- Oversee and ensure all production quality, safety and operational records are maintained accurately and completely.
- Train on aspects of Quality and food safety.
- Prepare and manage documentation.
- Provides guidance to the Quality personnel to solve quality related issues.
- Conduct Internal Audits, inspects operational quality control.
- Accompanies external auditors and answers any external audits observation.
- Responsible for the Quality System; maintenance and improvements
- Approves changes to the SQF system and equipment.
- Responsible for supervision of Quality Assurance Specialist.
- Enforce all SOP’s and revise as needed.
- Maintain accuracy and consistency during quality production.
- Responsible for maintaining ADEQ, FDA, SDS, WWPP, TOP, NGCSD, Kosher, ETC.
- Emission Control
- Material & Wash Water Disposal
- Product and Material Control and Inventory
- Able to analyze detailed information and collect data
- HACCP training
- Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize
- Audit experience
- Must have strong knowledge about GMP Certification and quick problem-solving skills.
- Related Experience required preferably in drug, food or beverage manufacturing plant.
- College Education preferred.