Our client is an industry leading manufacturer of CNC machined precision components. We are partnering with them on a Quality Engineer opening to be based out of their plant located at their HQ in North-Central Illinois.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer with experience in CNC Machining. The Quality Engineer will be part of a collaborative team resolving quality related issues on the production floor. The quality program is in good shape and currently maintains ISO:9001 compliance but the client is looking for someone to identify areas for additional improvements within the department.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities
- Verify production of CNC machined parts meet company quality expectations.
- Maintain ISO:9001 standards.
- Interact with customers and suppliers with any quality related issues.
- Work with Engineering on new product development.
- Lead corrective action and root cause analysis.
- Interface with multiple cross-functional departments.
- Participate in internal & supplier audits as well as assisting with quality inspections.
- Identify areas for continued improvement or cost savings with production methods, tooling & BOM’s.
Quality Engineer Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or a related field is preferred but not required.
- Experience in high-volume CNC machining facilities.
- Knowledge of ISO:9001 specifications.
- CMM aptitude.
- Previous success in identifying root causes for product defects.
- Willingness to work on the production floor and interacting with CNC Machinists and Engineers to ensure high product quality.
- Desire to work in a team environment.