Quality Engineer Job – Job #1569230
The Quality Engineer plans, coordinates, and directs the applicable areas of the Quality Management System designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory standards & customer specific requirements.
- Perform and coordinate internal or supplier audits/training to ensure continuing compliance with Quality System Standards and the manufacture of safe products.
- Conduct statistical analysis of production processes and reporting of findings.
- Improve Quality processes for increased efficiency and reduction of factory escapes.
- Initiate and assist with containment activities internally and externally to establish product clear point and ensuring shipment of certified product to customers.
- Promote the application of error proofing solutions by challenging root cause and corrective actions.
- Provide technical expertise for development and maintenance of suppliers and systems.
- Responsibilities may also include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Background/Experience: Four-year technical college degree (Engineering preferred) and 3+ years experience in regulated quality systems in a manufacturing environment. Experience in process improvement, supplier quality assurance, welding of ferrous metals, destructive and non-destructive examinations, and supervision are a plus. Certified Quality Engineer (preferred). Proficiency with MS Office required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Knowledge of SPC, Capability Studies, Gage R&R and Sampling plans.
Permanent job in Columbus