Job ID: 1572509
Location: Philadelphia, PA 19406
Lucas Group has partnered with one of the largest and most successful specialty chemical manufacturers in the world to identify a Purchasing Specialist to join their dynamic team. The Purchasing Specialist’s primary responsibilities will revolve around purchasing high quality materials & services in a cost-effective manner, while ensuring that production demands & timely deliveries are met.
- Executes purchase orders to meet all delivery and specification requirements. Maintains and updates all purchase order and vendor requirements in SAP and in planning tools.
- Solicits suppliers, requests bids, negotiates price, and implements arrangements for materials and services needed.
- Closely manages system data (pricing, lead times, dates, etc.) to ensure accuracy and monitor s orders to ensure vendor commitments and/or expedite needs are fulfilled.
- Attends meetings and updates planning and production teams on issues or concerns, when there is a risk which could prevent the organization meeting internal and external customer demands.
- Communicates clearly to the Planning and Production teams pertaining to delivery requirements to meet production schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the chemical industry a plus.
- Position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in purchasing raw materials, packaging materials, equipment and supplies with demonstrated success in negotiating optimal pricing terms and working on teams.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- CPM or APICS certification preferred.