Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Purchasing Manager.
**Seeking Candidates with Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Purchasing Manager will oversee purchasing of raw materials and supplies procured by an organization. In need of someone that is passionate about building a great work-life culture and providing leadership to our ever-growing team.
- Coordination of raw materials that are needed for manufacturing
- Manage inventory levels and inventory issues
- Liaising with suppliers, our production and customer service teams
- Generating purchase orders
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify needs and requirements for new/substitute materials
- Manage purchasing agent team members and conducts performance evaluations
- Set and enforce a budget for purchasing area
- Develop and implement purchasing policies
- Evaluate purchasing policies
- Negotiate on behalf of the organization and maintain good relationships with vendors
- Degree in business, logistics, inventory management, or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in material planning, inventory management, purchasing, or a related position.
- 3+ years supervisory role
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and material management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Change positive – not afraid of change
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk and remain on feet for extended periods of time.
- Competitive Weekly Pay
- Health/Vision/Dental/Life/Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 6 Paid Holidays
- 401K & 401K Match
- Merit Increases/ Bonuses
- Employee Referral Program
Title: Purchasing Manager
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: