Do you have a minimum of 2 years experience in a purchasing department? Are you detailed oriented?
Our client, a very cool furniture manufacturing company is looking for a purchasing coordinator.
- Minimum of two years of related experience and/or training. Experience working with standard accounting systems reports and data feeds. Functional knowledge of procurement practices and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, quantitative and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to audit, comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Software, preferably possessing strong Excel skills.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Problem solving, mathematical analysis and knowledge of accounting preferred.
- Analyze reports based on the collection of data related to the sourcing, contracting, management and performance of suppliers and vendors.
- Designs and implements reports to support account, client, and global sourcing requirements.
- Performs data entry, and filing, maintains data integrity of databases and make changes as required to enhance accuracy, usefulness and access.
- Collects and rationalizes data from multiple sources.
- Ensures data integrity and accuracy.
- Coordinates with Vietnam souring team and peers to aggregate data and align reporting. May provide training to new and existing users of database and reports.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
- Make decisions with an understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
- Issues purchase orders to suppliers and confirm delivery date, quantity ordered and price are correct.
- Organize documents submitted by vendors at time of purchase order submission or delivery of goods.
- Work with project mgmt. to assure final costs and drawings are completed for new items prior to issuing PO.
- Work closely with Vietnam staff to track and update all open orders.
- Maintain inventory threshold levels to identify key flags regarding warehouse stock and issue replenishment PO’s accordingly.
- Review and perform item number (sku – stock keeping units) rationalization audit annually to clear out un-used or unneeded skus in system.
- Work with the Vietnam staff to update costing on active Item numbers (sku- stock keeping units) annually.
- Coordinate with Vietnam staff to confirm ship dates and factory allocation for all PO’s.
- Review inventory levels to determine if customer PO will be filled from inventory or requires production in VN.
- Create purchase orders from requisitions or from regular purchase orders.
- Resolve receiving error issues.
- Processes receipts and invoices for payment.
- Create new item numbers (sku-stock keeping units).
- Update purchase orders with current delivery information.
- Assist Purchasing Manager with projects as needed
- Other duties may be assigned.