We are looking for a dedicated Purchasing Agent to join our customer’s 1st shift manufacturing work environment this month! The Purchasing Agent is responsible for supplier relationship, researching goods and services, processing purchase orders, and verifying delivered items. Full-time position/No Remote workers.
Role Highlights include:
• Researching and comparing suppliers, goods, and services.
• Monitoring inventory levels and determining purchase needs.
• Preparing and processing purchase orders.
• Maintaining records of all transactions, purchase orders, receipts, and payments.
• Scheduling and verifying purchase deliveries.
• Building and maintaining positive, long-term supplier relations.
• Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications, negotiates pricing and delivery times; verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers
• Advise sales of equipment shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer; advising sales of any discounts available.
• Follow up on equipment shipments to ensure prompt delivery; resolving any delivery issues as needed by conferring with production, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
• Manage equipment inventory and adjusting equipment inventory as needed.
Purchasing Agent Requirements:
• High school degree/GED required. Degree in business administration, procurement, or a related field preferred.
• Previous experience as a Purchasing Agent or in a similar position supporting manufacturing site/facilities to include forecasting, scheduling, and real-time manufacturing, preferred.
• Proficiency in MRP/ERP and inventory management software program including Sage 100
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Strong organization and documentation skills.
• Strong research and analytical skills.