PROJECT MANAGER III
The Project Manager III is responsible for the leadership of projects that are cross-functional and have a high degree of complexity. The Project Manager III is fully knowledgeable of best practices of project management. He/she is responsible for the overall health of the project, ensuring that requirements are established and met, deliverables are completed and reviewed, and the project is completed on schedule and within budget. The Project Manager III will be responsible for multiple projects running concurrently. The Project Manager III is responsible for mentoring and training other members of the Project Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish scope and detailed requirements for the project. Includes facilitating requirements gathering sessions with key stakeholders, documenting the requirements, and managing the requirements through the life of the project.
• Identify and manage issues, risks and changes.
• Communicate and follow-up regularly with team members to ensure tasks are completed according to plans.
• Develop project plans for schedule, resources, and budget. Requires collaboration with resources managers, lead team members, Finance, and executives.
• Monitor and track progress against plans.
• Report status to project stakeholders through multiple formal communication methods (e.g, monthly status reports, bi-weekly snapshot reports, project plan updates) and informal methods (e.g, ad-hoc requests and email).
• Communicate effectively with project team members, management, and project stakeholders on status, issues, risks, and project goals and objectives.
• Create status reports on a regular basis.
• Actively engage in continuous improvement of the organization's project management processes and standards.
• Monitor actual project hours and costs against the project/program estimates and budget.
• Monitor and report on the project budget.
• Other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience. MBA desired.
Must have 8+ years of demonstrated project management experience and project implementation.
• PMI certification strongly preferred.
• Experience with distributed project teams required.
• Excellent prioritization and organization skills, especially the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all staff levels in the company and with clients.
• Able to work extended hours when needed to help meet project deadlines.
• Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, high-effort, dynamic work environment.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills