* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Provide engineering and technical support for production, maintenance, quality control, research marketing and management to ensure the safety, efficiency, quality and performance of new and existing processes, equipment and products.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure effective execution of the plant’s capital investment plan through all phases of planning and implementation.
- Optimize existing processes and products and evaluate new process and product through coordination with HEW Sector personnel in home Department and in Departments and Sector locations other than home Department.
- Maintain and further develop the Preventative and Predictive Maintenance Programs
- May visit during third party crane inspections to assure appropriate efforts are made by the contracted group; reviews all third-party crane inspection reports; ensures that appropriate actions are made by site personnel in response to third-party inspections and reports.
- Coordinates any crane-related Divisional policy revisions to ensure adequacy and consistency.
- Develop any general policy compliance auditing methods to ensure the cranes are operating, maintained, repaired and modified according to the Division policy.
- Assist in the recommendation and approve all equipment, equipment modifications, vendor, and contractor selections for assigned projects and maintenance work.
- Set objectives and priorities on approved projects and maintenance work.
- Approves operation and maintenance procedures for new and existing plant processes
- Has the authority to issue instructions to the Site Policy Controllers on how cranes will be managed, inspected, repaired, maintained and operated.
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-7yrs. experience in plant, industrial, or military environment – hands-on experience with vendors, contractors, and other sites.
- Knowledge of basic computer software and skills.
- Knowledge of process control and automation desirable.
- Balancing the requirements of production, maintenance, research and marketing with budgetary and time constraints.
- Maintaining a high level of expertise in those technical areas that affect the performance of the plant operation.
- Assist in maintaining an effective Preventive and Predictive Maintenance program to ensure maximum plant up time and reliability.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of latest national standards for operations, maintenance and repair of cranes to ensure that HEW meets these standards