* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Overall coordination of engineering, projects and systems to support the manufacturing operations.
- Provide leadership in planning, directing and supervision of engineering and plant personnel in support of ongoing operations and projects. Responsibilities include new product and process implementations and continuous improvement.
- Lead projects from start to completion without frequent direct supervision. Responsible for reporting activities and results to management as required.
- Identifies, develops, plans, and implements capital projects as needed.
- Support the plant operations by defining improved process flows and continual improvement efforts.
- Support and lead cross functional teams as well as interact with all levels of employees, external vendors and customers
- Conducts Capacity Modeling and equipment capability studies.
- Serves as liaison with Product Development and manufacturing plants.
- May supervise hourly and salaried employees in assigned department(s); responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- BS/BA (Engineering or related discipline) OR extensive work experience considered.
- 5+ years of manufacturing project engineering experience.
- Experience in material flows, continuous improvement practices and process analysis.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma training preferred.
Title: Project Engineer
Location: Monticello KY
Client Job ID: 1577063