* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Project Controls Engineer role is responsible to lead and coordinate assigned projects from start to finish. He/she will work with skilled trades as an expert in automation systems, understand process control, electrical engineering, and have a willingness to learn how all the pieces work together. The candidate will lead a variety of projects including new construction, system upgrades, maintenance and system troubleshooting.
- Design, check and oversee construction of the entire electrical system for new and existing industrial plants including power, controls and grounding from cradle to grave.
- Create, organize and maintain all electrical drawings for multiple facilities.
- Design electrical control panels and switch gear, including all drawings, BOM's and commissioning.
- Develop and evaluate bid/construction packages for third party and internal construction groups
- Work with and in some cases over see other disciplines to complete projects.
- Commission new and replacement equipment.
- Work with Instrumentation and Maintenance Technicians to construct, troubleshoot and maintain Plant Automation control systems and software
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting of Plant Operations.
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting Programmable Electronic Systems (Distributed Controller Systems and Programmable Logic Control Systems)
- Troubleshoot and configure control communication networks
- Support technicians with calibration of all plant instrumentation including pressure transmitters, flow meters, temperature transmitters, level devices and electronic scales
- Evaluate, Identify and Communicate opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering – a plus but not required
- 3+ years' In-depth knowledge of the electrical and/or instrument/control craft typically gained through considerable hands-on work experience
- 3+ years' experience designing plant wiring systems
- Knowledge of NFPA 70 code requirements
- Take lead on tasks that span outside of domain expertise and willingness to learn
- Ability to work on complex problems with a systematic problem-solving approach
- Good organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Understanding of power distribution systems and electricity
- Take initiative on tasks with minimal guidance
- Willingness to work on large and small projects, alone or with a team
- Basic computer skills such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Experience with classified area wiring techniques a plus
- AutoCAD and database experience a plus, but not require
- PLC/DSC programming experience a plus but not required.
- Travel (Required)
- System Design: 3 years (required)
- Automation Controls: 3 years (Required)
- Power distribution systems and electricity: 2 years (Preferred)
- Programmable Logic Controllers: 1 year (Preferred)