* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
This position will be responsible for managing complex Marine engine programs involving the U.S. Government suppliers and shipyards.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage complex programs, which are long term in nature for the purchase of assigned products by the U.S. Government and typically involve significant modifications to commercial products
- Coordinate internal engineering, manufacturing, purchasing groups, suppliers, dealers, shipyards, and the various government agencies to win business and then execute the contract to maximize OPACC while maintaining maximum customer satisfaction
- Serve as the primary customer focal point to resolve problems before, during, and after installation by providing specific direction for the performance of all work
- Provide the lead direction in the company effort for major proposals including scope of supply, suppliers, exception to terms, influencing establishment of prices and negotiating final contract agreements
- Develop specific plans for program execution and monitor actual performance
- Negotiate changes to programs including cost, price, supplier selection, etc.
- Direct changes required due to performance or reliability problems
- Provide input into departmental marketing strategies for assigned products and markets
- Develop, implement, and achieve annual business plan including revenue, COS, direct costs, and accountable profit. Identify product opportunities and determine technology enhancements which offer cost/value for the customer
- Negotiate contracts with the military buying commands
- Direct the activities of the Program Team within applicable product groups and suppliers. Determine the scope of work (SOW) including costing and pricing. Manage SOW creep and negotiate changes.
- Select, negotiate, and administer agreements
- Review and approve dealer and supplier invoices
Typical major internal customers include employees from two or more work groups in a Division. External contacts include various companies who purchase products and services offered. The position is challenged to carefully evaluate problems and review a large number of possible solutions before selecting one option. Problems may be complex and can require the incumbent to develop solutions. The incumbent sets priorities and establishes a work plan, utilizing Microsoft Project, in order to complete broadly defined assignments and achieve desired results. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, etc. The position monitors adherence to quality standards and develops action plans for addressing below standard performance.