Lucas Group is seeking a full-time Insurance Defense Litigation Paralegal for a firm located downtown. This position will support the defense practice that includes representation of physicians, nurses, medical care institutions, allied health providers, motor carriers and their insurers, and other business related litigants in civil litigation. 5-10 years’ experience.
Job duties may include:
- Obtain, review and analyze documents, including medical records and financial records, tax and employment records, or any other relevant information
- Provide a medical record chronology
- Prepare for trial by preparing trial notebooks, exhibits, and witness files
- Compile evidence and supporting information by searching records, discovery documents, transcripts, libraries, and databases
- Manage files and documents
- Coordinate with support services and clients, opposing law firms, and courts
- Manage court docket calendar
- Generate status reports, logs, and indexes
- Correspond with clients and opposing law firms
- Legal research
- Research and analysis of case issues, including medical research of facts, medical articles, and expert articles.
- Communication of issues with experts and investigation and analysis of expert qualifications and experience, including prior transcripts, testimony and articles.
- Perform additional duties as required
- 5-10 years of Insurance Defense experience.
- Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-approved program, a Bachelor's degree or an Associate's degree is highly preferred