* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a global manufacturer of spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products, in Baltimore MD on their search for a Production Team Manager.
The company has been in business for 130 years, with a team of nearly 12,400 employees worldwide partnering with top packaged food and beverage companies as well as top foodservice restaurant chains. Throughout their history, they have built a strong workforce through an innovative, high-performance culture that challenges people to focus on their strengths. With a people-first strategy, they empower teammates to focus on more than individual responsibilities – they offer the opportunity to build a career where one has a say in where the company is going and how it’s growing.
What You Will Do:
Responsible for managing and directing all activities and processes related to a designated team within the Flavoring Manufacturing Center (FMC) Production department. Accountable for quality, safety, productivity, sanitation, continuous improvement and all aspects of people management. The goal of the Team Manager is to meet the needs of the customer 100% of the time while achieving key indicator results that support the departments’ strategic objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSMs).
- Effectively lead, coach, train and develop over 30 non-exempt team members, while fostering a team environment.
- Direct and support the daily management and prioritization of team members to meet or exceed all performance standards, including reliability, cost, waste, safety, quality, sanitation.
- Pro-actively recommend and implement process improvement initiatives to increase operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Partner with Maintenance, Engineering and Continuous Improvement resources to execute PM, AM, TPM and CCI processes.
- Integrate high performance culture by effectively utilizing the six systems in daily activities.
- Interact cross functionally to resolve issues and ensure that customer service requirements are met.
- Works with teams to develop cultural and business action plans to ensure continuous improvement throughout the plant.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work across functions and interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities to assess risk
- Demonstrated understanding of the financial impact of business decisions effecting staffing, product components and inventory
- Experience successfully leading large teams to support business initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to be a dynamic self-starter, work independently and apply sound judgment to solve complex problems with incomplete and/or ambiguous information required and to proactively initiate action steps
- Experience successfully handling multiple projects at once and working under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to resolve issues
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to propose and implement improvements to systems, methods of work and analysis methods and contribute to ensuring that they are continuously adapted to the business requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working in food manufacturing
- TPM experience
- Strong mechanical ability and understanding of packaging/processing equipment
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3-5 years related experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience supervising employees in a manufacturing/production/industrial environment
- Minimum of 1 year experience leading others through projects
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Production Team Manager
Location: Hunt Valley MD
Client Industry: Food & Beverages
Client Job ID: 1578872