* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
To manage food production area. Make sure the manufacturing processes run smoothly, are cost-effective and deliver products on time. Ensure the sanitation of the production area. Responsible for oversee food processing facilities and procedures. Supervise employees and monitor product quality. Make sure employees and procedures comply with state and federal regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide teams with direction, priorities, focus and boundaries.
- Provide resources and expertise in the manufacturing process, systems, training, and employee relations.
- Encourage communication and feedback.
- Develop and implement (or assist with) all phases of team or individualized training.
- Planning: set long and short term production schedules for employees in the respective production areas.
- Manufacturing Operations: assist in maintaining effective operating departments by controlling activity within prescribed quality standards, production levels, and cost levels, while keeping a focus on safety and manufacturing objectives.
- Maintain good employee relations by applying Plant policies and guidelines.
- Participates in the selection and training of new personnel.
- Recommends process improvements, changes in equipment, tooling or manufacturing processes; submits ideas for cost savings.
- Maintain required information and records necessary for efficient operations and controls. Maintain production standards in areas of responsibility.
- Promotes safe work habits of subordinates and compliance with safety rules in work areas. Maintains and clean and orderly work environment.
- Assists in the preparation of departmental budgets when required. Helps to control costs throughout the year.
Shift: Several Production Shifts available