* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience *
What You Will Do:
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Leader, this supervisor will supervise and direct the daily manufacturing operations of Operations on D Shift.
- Plan manpower assignments and schedules in support of the workload ensuring the most efficient and cost-effective use of both human and material resources.
- Confirms all required documentation and computer entries are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Provides employees in manufacturing with continuous instruction on proper techniques and procedures. Performs follow-up checks during the shift and provides management with feedback regarding the performance of individual employees.
- Provide for safety and security of employees and Company property by ensuring a safe working environment that exceeds OSHA requirements and assuring that all operations follow all corporate policies and government regulations.
- Handle all day-to-day supervisory responsibilities for personnel related to training, work performance evaluation, and disciplinary actions per company policy.
- Partners and collaborates with other leaders to maintain a balanced workflow and to efficiently utilize available resources.
- Ensures product quality and that all manufacturing activities follow or exceed applicable quality procedures and standards. Must be able to recognize defects or errors in all production work centers.
- Identify, document, and implement procedures to reduce costs, eliminate waste, and improve overall efficiency.
- Attends and participates in twice per shift Fast Action Meeting process to discuss daily performance and actions to address challenges.
- Elevates daily challenges when support is needed to Leader/Manager or necessary support function.
- Communicates with an on-shift counterpart on labor movements to ensure plant is running in tune with the priority list.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Experience with PKMS or SAP management software systems.
- Strong Leadership experience.
Title: Production Supervisor
Locations: Winchester VA
Client Job ID: 1584344