This position reports to the Production Manager
Location: El Paso, IL
Guaranteed 1st Year Compensation: $75,000 – American Buildings will guarantee 1st year earnings based on their bonus structure
Potential (Typical) Earnings: $85-105,000 Annually
Performance Based Earnings Structure: Supervisors come in making $41,600 Base Salary (20/hr) **However, each week your production performance is evaluated and if you are at 100% (which is very common) you get Double your Hourly Rate for that week. So you’d be bumped to $40/hr for that week… Or you make more based on what ever % your Production was at for that week.
Shift Schedule: 1st and 3rd Shift
1st - Monday – Friday 7am to -3pm
3rd - Sunday 11pm-7am Friday (Off Friday 7am-Sunday at 11pm)
Currently working some Saturdays – Get Extra Pay to meet production demand needs
POSITION: STRUCTURAL SUPERVISOR – 3RD SHIFT
GRADE: SALARY EXEMPT + PRODUCTION BONUS
- Judgement/Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Includes considering the possible implications and impacts of decisions for teammates and other individuals as well as for the company as a whole.
- Communication Skills - The ability to give full attention to what others are saying and communicating information so that others will understand.
- Developing and Building Teams - Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Leadership Presence and Courage - Willingness and confidence to have immediate and direct conversations on critical alignment issues such as teamwork, building relationships, initiating and supporting change, and production process issues that arise with their team, peers and manager. This includes the willingness to face adversity and conflict head on.
- Administration - Knowledge of business related to leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Dependability - Being reliable, responsible, and committed to fulfilling obligations.
- Initiative - Willingness and confidence to take on responsibilities and challenges in an optimistic and proactive fashion to include a focus on identifying future needs.
- Teamwork - Working as part of a coordinated effort with other departments, divisions and supporting management to achieve a common goal.
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead and uphold safety policies, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- A commitment to Safety, Environmental, Quality, and Productivity through demonstrated integrity, and leadership within their work group.
- Overseeing the safe operations of manufacturing and receiving of metal building components as prescribed by specifications and order releases.
- Familiarity of machinery and manufacturing processes for each line.
- Identifying process improvements that result in efficiency and cost savings.
- Communications within the group to ensure solid teamwork and a productive work environment.
- Reviewing employees’ performance and determining coaching needs through evaluating and providing consistent performance reviews and setting expectations during coaching, growth and development sessions.
- Interviewing, hiring and accountability decisions for employees within the group.
- Travel with short notice.
- 5+ years leadership experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment (External only)
- 4 year degree in related field
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing operations or technical/ maintenance operations in the military
- Experience with coaching and mentoring
- Experience with troubleshooting production lines and material handling systems (or similar environments)
- Experience with maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vets – and a drug – free workplace