* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience *
What You Will Do:
Position encompasses the staffing, supervision, direction, training, and evaluation of an assigned production team. Directs and controls multiple production operations.
- Safely ensures all phases of manufacturing are being performed efficiently and effectively.
- Recommends and drives formula improvements, equipment, and engineering revisions.
- Identifies and solves any issues or problems with equipment or personnel.
- Maintains open lines of communication with Supply Chain Planning, Quality/Lab, Maintenance and Warehouse support groups to ensure production schedules are met.
- Coordinates publishing of process condition set up sheets; updating these conditions and maintaining the process conditions database.
- Produces all shop floor paperwork as required for process order production.
- Coordinates and administers all aspects of training for new hires as well as long term associates.
- Complies with and enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Ensures consistent and maximum throughout while maintaining acceptable quality control.
- Ensures efficient use of staffing by effective planning of vacation schedules and arranging the required coverage when necessary.
- Ensures that product loss and scrap production are kept to a minimum.
- Administers performance appraisals of production associates. Establishes, communicates, and provides timely feedback to assigned workforce on objectives, goals, and expectations.
- Ensures complete and accurate information is entered into SAP in a timely manner.
- Ensures production supply inventories are maintained and notifies the appropriate purchasing associates when items need to be restocked.
- Reviews and corrects information in E-Time for timekeeping of production associates’ hours.
- Ensures that attendance issues are reported and handled in accordance with the attendance policy.
- Coordinates with other Shift Supervisors to provide seamless shift turnover and appropriate staffing.
- Ensures plant production area housekeeping is maintained in “Tour Ready” conditions at all times in accordance with housekeeping guidelines.
Education and Skill Requirements:
- U.S. Military supervisory experience
- 7+ years experience in a manufacturing leadership position managing direct reports
- Broad knowledge of safety procedures and manufacturing operations preferred
Title: Production Shift Supervisor (Night Shift)
Location: Goodyear AZ
Client Job ID: 1586133