* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
What You Will Do:
- Plan, supervise, direct and engage in daily production operations
- Anticipate production problems, (i.e., material shortages, equipment malfunctions, rush orders, etc.)
- Minimize loss of work hours; ensure production and quality objectives are achieved.
- Utilize skills, work hours, materials and work flow to achieve production and quality objectives; exchange timely information with other supervisors on interdepartmental needs.
- Instruct, train, orient, motivate and otherwise assist employees so that safety, quality and production objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for the implementation of all safety policies and procedures, including housekeeping practices, awareness of hazardous conditions.
- Stay abreast of new developments through publications, vendors and in-house management training.
- Recommend overtime and control costs.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school (or comparable experience.)
- Leadership/Management Skills Training, Safety Training preferred.
- Computer skills (Excel, Word and Lotus Notes)
Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Southern Frederick MD area
Client Job ID: 1583326