* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating variety of machines to manufacture parts or products by performing the following duties.
- Trains other employees in day to day procedures.
- Monitors production activities to eliminate delays and ensure adherence to production and shipping schedules; coordinates work flow with the various departments involved.
- Assures safety and product quality while improving production procedures; reports damaged and defective equipment to management.
- Maintains quality/quantity standards regarding output; maintains time and production records.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs; plans flow of materials through department according to work orders.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products that fail to meet standards.
- Assists with capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Verona VA
Client Job ID: 1581088