* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Under limited supervision, the Production Supervisor organizes and directs work on the processing floor to meet the required production schedule. In doing this, the Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the hourly work force carries out their assignments in a manner consistent with the expectations of the company regarding food and plant safety, quality, productivity, and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively involved in the attainment of all operational goals (yield, efficiency, uptime, labor cost, etc.) to provide the best possible conversion cost to our customers.
- Monitor quality checks to meet quality goals to ensure product quality and food safety standards are met to reduce/eliminate risk to the organization
- Direct hourly associates in risk management and safety needs to ensure the protection of employees and other individuals and minimizing the organizations exposure to loss and liability.
- Actively support all employee and labor relations activities to increase employee engagement. Lead and direct daily employee activities to include placement, training, and goal setting.
- May participate in ideation, concept development, management of, or direct supervision of product development or process improvement initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organization Skills
- Time Management
- People Management Skills
- Adequate Computer Skills – Excel, Word
- Understanding of Company Safety Requirements
- Sense of Urgency in Managing Department
Bachelor's or Associate's degree (A.A.) preferred. High School diploma or equivalent required; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.