* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Production Shift Supervisor plans, coordinates, directs and supervises the activities of chemical operators in order to produce a finished product according to production schedule and quality requirements to maintain compliance.
- Ensures compliance of all current quality and safety systems with all of their direct reports.
- Trains and manages employees to achieve the highest production standards. Monitors production methods, equipment performance, and product quality; submits recommendations and improvements through efficiency and cost measures to management.
- Maintains operational/batch data. Reads and analyzes charts, work orders or production schedules to determine production requirements.
- Trains new and current employees as needed on equipment operations and work procedures.
- Assigns employees to experienced workers for on-the-job training and monitors progress.
- Communicates specifications, job orders, and company policies and procedures for production team.
- Initiates discrepancies as they occur and provides input on root cause and preventative actions.
- Consults with Manufacturing Department Managers to coordinate operations and activities within and between departments.
- Confers with management and/or subordinates to resolve worker problems and complaints.
- Requisitions supplies needed for production.
- Inspects materials, products or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Inspects documentation and finished good packaging routinely during their shift to ensure compliance is at highest standards.
- Monitors gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure operations conform to production or processing standards.
- Sets up and adjusts machines and equipment.
- Monitors production area and enforces safety or sanitation regulations.
- Inspects process rooms.
- Conducts batch record review and reconciliation.
- Completes work order forms.
- 4 year degree
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage employees to achieve production goals while ensuring that quality, regulatory, safety, and environmental requirements are met.
- Capability to lead, coach, inspire, and motivate employees to develop effective teamwork and achieve outstanding performance standards.
- Demonstrated capabilities to diagnose and solve problems, assess situations and take appropriate actions, make decisions effectively, and communicate to employees at all levels of the organization.
- Mechanical reasoning and critical thinking skills required in order to troubleshoot chemical manufacturing process.
- Lift up to 55 lbs.
- Climb ladders and/or stairs
- Crawl, bend, twist, carry, reach, and kneel throughout shift
- Push and/or pull up to 100 lbs.
- Stand and/or walk for extended periods
- Work with and/or around chemicals and/or hazardous materials
- Repeating motion that may include arms, wrists, hands, and fingers
- Ability to see and distinguish color
- Work in seasonal conditions that may include extreme hot, cold, wind, and precipitation
- 12 Hour Shift, 4 days on/ 4 days off rotation
- Includes some weekends and holidays due to rotating schedule
- Ability and willingness to work from all facilities