The Lucas Group has recently partnered with one the largest bedding manufacturers in North America in their search for a Production Manager. Interested in joining an established manufacturing organization? Apply today!
As delegated by the Operations Manager, responsible for managing the day-to-day production, maintenance and delivery operations of a multi-shift Plant in accordance with operating procedures and to achieve production, efficiency and quality results. Implements Plant's production planning and control; transportation and shipping/receiving; Plant and equipment maintenance program; quality control including the full compliance with FR requirements; employee health and safety programs/functions and related compliance; training and development of assigned staff for assigned areas. Position will be responsible for leadership in the absence of Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the daily production and delivery operations of the Plant personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Schedules, plans and controls production activities, including the supervision of Plant Supervisors and production employees and drivers, in order to ensure continuous and efficient production in appropriate quantity and quality
- Directs quality teams and CAPA process
- Uses lean manufacturing principles to continuously improve associates and the flow of production through the facility
- Assists in the hiring, training, evaluating and development as well as handling disciplinary actions as indicated, personally or through Plant Supervisors
- Fosters positive working relationships, and responds proactively to employee concerns or problems
- Oversees compliance and enforces adherence to health and safety, DOT and Vehicle (Tractor/Trailers), and other Company and/or regulatory programs
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Investigates, and/or oversees the investigation of work related incidents, accidents and injuries
- Ensures appropriate documentation and notifications are prepared and all protocols are followed.
- Ensures the full implementation, maintenance and overall compliance of various quality control and FR programs; and ensures adherence to overall Quality Assurance programs for incoming materials, work in process, and finished goods.
- Inspects and documents required incoming raw materials samplings, monitors and analyzes Plant departmental quality review documentation, conducts regular teardown inspections, and maintains returned goods inspection program; documents and follows up on corrective actions that may be indicated.
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes data and statistics; reviews for trends, and makes appropriate system and procedural recommendations to management
- Monitors any system and/or procedural changes made to ensure expected results
- Prepares various other standard and ad hoc reports for internal analysis; use in internal analysis, hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations; and top management, plant management, plant committees and employees.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Implements and oversees inventory control system for tick and other raw materials
- Coordinates with other Plant personnel or Group contacts as needed. Investigates back orders and product "falldown" issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years job-related experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- May involve lifting product (up to 100 lbs)
- Need solid analytical skills; with good mathematical aptitude and sound quantitative skills
Title: Production Manager
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Lucas Group Job ID: 1583622