* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Responsible for day-to-day management of the facility and packaging plans in a safe and efficient manner. Must be able to effectively manage a team with the constant goal of continuous improvement. Enforces protocols and documentation as related to food safety.
- Directly manage the work force to achieve objectives, including hiring, firing, labor planning, workforce organization and labor reporting across all departments.
- Accountable for converting plant yield into revenue, for operating expenses, for the operation of the facility. This includes production (WIP and people) planning and reporting, labor management, balancing inputs, throughput & demand, and facilities maintenance.
- Will be accountable for inventory control and manage inbound and outbound shipments of production supplies.
- Will lead efforts to be a LEAN organization and through kaizen activities to improve system efficiencies.
- Create documents (standard operating procedures, safety rules, label mixing instructions, etc.)
- Maintain SQF requirements and all food safety logs.
- Track all incoming, outgoing, and consumption of inventory for work in process (WIP) inventory, packaging materials, supplies, PPE, and chemicals.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- 2-4 year degree required
- 3-5 years’ experience of direct management
- Experience in the fundamental tools of Lean Business Operations (Standard Work, 5-S, Visual management, etc.)
- Experience leading kaizen events preferred.
Title: Production Manager
Location: Etowah NC
Client Job ID: 1583468