* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Our Production Shift Manager provides leadership and supervision across multiple production & packaging lines to ensure people & food safety as well as achieving manufacturing efficiency goals.
What will you do as the Production Shift Manager?
- Our company depends on our Production Shift Manager to ensure the safety of both people and food. You will be significantly involved in the SAFE process to maintain our commitment to safety. Coach employees on all aspects of their job duties in the safest manner possible.
- You would be responsible for coaching and developing team members. Facilitates team problem solving, decision making, fair & timely disciplinary action, and conflict resolution while living our BAF Values.
- Oversees adherence to production and packaging schedules and crew assignments.
- Works with other team members to reach budgeted line rates, prevent out of specification production, oversee line maintenance, manage raw material changes, and when necessary, uses the hold process to prevent out of specification product from reaching the customer.
- Our Production Shift Manager facilitates the communication between shifts and teams. Works with team leads and Continuous Improvement Coordinators to ensure that the crew is properly cross-trained and follows the principle of TWI.
- Acts as the on-shift representative for emergency response coordination, and compliance with Company policies. Responds to people issues as needed
- Responsible for meeting customer requirements through communication, documentation, training of team members, and adherence to sanitation guidelines and GMP's, including the HACCP program.
- Responsible, in part, for meeting the requirements of various supplier certification programs and audits. Maintains plant cleanliness to a satisfactory degree.
- Demonstrates a daily commitment to the continuous improvement process by following Lean Manufacturing concepts and the BAF Values. Strives to improve each work process. Identifies/implements value added and cost savings activities and projects.