* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Production Manager is responsible for supervision and management of all aspects of the plant production during assigned shift required to produce the needed product in a timely manner, including the management of production associates, assisting in all human resource and management issues, and interacting with all other departments to provide quality service.
- Provide leadership and direction to production Associates to ensure quality and production goals are met.
- Ensure that all assigned processes are completed on time & according to Company standard
- Manage, approve and monitor weekly shift payroll.
- Conduct coaching and counseling sessions for Associates as needed.
- Facilitate training for new Associates, and ongoing training for current Associates
- Notify maintenance of needed machine repairs.
- Perform all necessary duties consistent with the proper and efficient operation of the plant during assigned shift.
- Supervision of assigned shift associates.
- Monitor work performance for compliance with company and department policies, including but not limited to attendance/punctuality, job cards, poor work performance, production, etc.
- Issue and discuss disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Ensure proper training of new and assigned associates as it relates to their essential job functions.
- Ensure Dept associates adhere to all department procedures while performing assigned duties.
- Ensure performance evaluations (yearly or probationary) for assigned associates are completed and shared in a timely manner
Experience: Two years of management experience required. Plant supervision experience preferred.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required, College (AA/AS or BA/BS) degree in management or business related field is preferred.
Knowledge & Skills: Good working knowledge and skill in operating computers and of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) required. Extensive knowledge and skill in plant protocols and procedures and ability to train others in the same required. Must have well developed communication and basic math skills, organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills, efficient multi tasking abilities, ability to supervise multiple workers in an often fast-paced environment, organizational skills, and able to foster a positive team working environment.