The Production Manager is responsible to organize and oversee all production processes for a local tooling manufacturer. This role is responsible for the operation of all production areas and the quantity/quality of output. The goal is to lead an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets customer requirements. The Production Manager will manage and provide leadership to all staff members assigned to production. From time to time this position will perform physical duties along the side of team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and direct the production activities to meet quality and schedule requirements while meeting or exceeding internal productivity standards.
- Responsible for training of new employees and onboarding activities of new employees in assigned production areas.
- Implement lean manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports the company’s strategic initiatives of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for workplace safety and employee conformance to all safety standards.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for productivity and cost reduction.
- Conduct 5S audits and drive corrective actions and improvements.
- Responsible for manpower planning to meet production schedules and productivity targets.
- Promote company practices throughout assigned areas, which include employee engagement.
- Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with latest production, safety, lean manufacturing and company "best practices".
- Insure conformance to ISO standards.
- Provide a clean and safe work environment.
- Adhere to company safety guidelines
- Work safely in a production environment wearing Personal Protective Equipment PPE when required.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering preferred (Mechanical or similar highly desired)
- Lean Six Sigma Certification and or ASQ Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
- 5+ years of recent proven managerial experience in a manufacturing setting including hiring and performance management of production staff including machine shop and engineering professionals ideally.
- Must have experience with Lean Manufacturing including 5S, and Continous Improvement intiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers
- Excellent computer proficiency MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary employee leadership and customer service
- Strong ability to problem solve and strategic planning
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Attention to detail in every aspect of the job
- Basic knowledge of up fitting commercial vehicles