Lucas Group has strategically partnered with The Trevor Project, the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people.
We are searching for a Product Manager who could be based remotely to develop and enhance TrevorSpace, The Trevor Project’s online community for LGBTQ youth.
This Product Manager will own this product, have the opportunity to shape this online community and see young people find themselves as well help them make life-affirming and lifesaving connections every day.
What You’ll Do:
- Define the product roadmap and effectively communicate the strategic vision of your product with other stakeholders
- Participate in the user research process to develop a deep understanding of user needs, and incorporate them into the product roadmap
- Develop expertise in the online community and social media space, specifically as it relates to LGBTQ youth
- Establish clear metrics and keep teams informed about successes, as well as lessons learned things that did not work well
- Demonstrate accountability and ownership of the product throughout its lifecycle
- Deliver results by prioritizing and aligning teams on the right opportunities while laying out the required trade-offs and their implications
- Provide vision and direction to the agile development team and stakeholders throughout releases and projects
Who You Are:
- People-centric. You believe that building robust feedback pipelines help to validate assumptions, ensure product strategy is informed by user needs, which allow you to deliver an amazing end-to-end experience
- Experienced. You’ve gained real world experience as a Product professional with at least 4 years, which allows you to understand a problem space quickly, and start to develop and communicate strategy to organizational leaders, developers, and designers
- Agile and Scrum Savvy. You’ve worked on agile or scrum teams (among other styles), and can articulate how these methodologies will allow for fast pivots and continuous improvement
- Collaborative. You’re an active listener and you’re accountable while working cross functionally. You leave little room for ambiguity when you communicate, whether it's a superbly written story for your developers, or setting clear expectations with stakeholders
- Data-driven. You know that without data and analytics it's impossible to rigorously identify or pursue the highest impact improvements to a system or service
- Organized and efficient. You’re capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Inspirational. You love working with people and know how to excite them about the opportunities to use technology to improve the work that they do
- Fun. The work they do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have fun. They know how to have a good time and you should too
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Product Manager
Client Industry: Non-Profit
Client Job ID: 1588036