Product Development Director-Phoenix Area
Lucas Group has been retained on a search for a Product Development Director role with a manufacturer of printed lighting technologies. Highly innovative and holding several patents, the company is a leader who has applications in industries such as Medical, Consumer Products, IoT, Packaging and has clients such as Colgate and NASA. Based in the Phoenix area, this is an excellent opportunity to grow with an organization on the leading edge of their industry.
The PDD has a key responsibility in executing the product strategy that is aligned with the ‘go-to-market’ strategy and the sales objectives. The key focus is to manage the New Product Development (NPD) process that funnels product opportunities through a 5-stage gate process to launch products that are meaningful to the Company.
The person in this role owns critical client relationships including:
- Nurturing new products through a collaborative development initiative
- Providing client support on all aspects of product development
- Guiding prospective customers through the ‘pre-sales’ phase into early product adoption
Some other responsibilities include:
- Project management for the development of new products,
- Insight into materials and methods suitable to prototype new products
- Analysis of markets and market segments
- Cost estimates for new products, strategic input to pricing, value propositions and go-to-market strategies
We offer a competitive salary and potential equity opportunity along with a comprehensive benefit plan.