* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, the world’s largest manufacturer of mozzarella and lactose and a leading producer of whey protein, on their search for a Processing Supervisor in Tracy CA.
The company offers a career with part of a worldwide family of individuals dedicated to producing high-quality products that help feed and nourish families around the world. This position is located in the city of Tracy, CA, with a population of 85,000, a short drive to both Stockton and Modesto, and just sixty miles east of San Francisco. Tracy is centrally located between all the National Parks to the east and the beautiful Bay area to the west.
What You Will Do:
- Supervise the daily shift operations to ensure production standards and quality parameters are met, initiate maintenance work orders to minimize production downtime, and oversee the sanitation program effectiveness to ensure food safety standards are met in the department.
- Provide guidance and direction to a team of hourly employees in the Processing Department; build an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing employees.
- Plan and schedule daily staffing needs to maximize labor efficiency and ensure production needs are met.
- Recommend and implement cost savings and quality improvements to improve labor and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Lead and coach team by implementing programs in technical training, safety, quality,
communications, performance recognition and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee engagement and productivity.
- Build and foster strong working relationships, collaboration within the team, and a positive work environment.
- Proficient computer knowledge, with familiarity or ability to learn SAP or other manufacturing computer systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning/time management skills and balancing of resources.
- Working knowledge of food safety and sanitation practices.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous supervisory experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Dairy Technology, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in food manufacturing environment.
- 1+ plus year of experience leading, mentoring, and delegating work to others.
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Processing Supervisor
Location: Tracy, CA
Client Industry: Food & Beverage
Client Job ID: 1579401