* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience *
SHIFT: Monday – Friday (Day Shift and Night Shifts Available) Overtime could be required and a flexible schedule to accommodate 24/7 production and for possible ad-hoc call-in support as needed.
What You Will Do:
Support a variety of engineering and production activities including equipment set-up and validation of new equipment, development and implementation of process improvements, process troubleshooting, monitoring of process data, assistance with creating and updating of process and validation documentation, experiment execution, and assistance with preparation for new product introductions.
- Develop detailed understanding of processes and equipment across the plant to identify and solve process issues through equipment troubleshooting, data analysis, experimentation and collaboration with stakeholders across the Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, and Quality teams
- Monitor manufacturing equipment performance and process control across the plant to increase production output and process yields
- Support equipment and process validation projects by aiding with equipment set-ups, engineering studies, and related testing
- Provide administrative support such as developing and updating process validation documentation, entering/coordinating work orders, tracking and reporting on process performance.
- Support execution of project portfolio including DMAIC, LEAN, 5S, cost reduction and yield improvement initiatives
Education and Work Requirements:
- Hands on and ability to troubleshoot mechanical equipment.
- Proficient in the use of software programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Preferred Experience:
- Familiar with DMAIC, LEAN, 5S, cost reduction initiatives.
- Ability to develop standard work (SOP’s, SOS’s and other related) process documentation.
- Experience in a GMO regulated industry- Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage or Medical Device.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Experience analyzing data using software programs such as Excel, Minitab, or JMP.
- Plastic manufacturing processes and technologies - extrusion and injection molding.
- Familiar with Microsoft Project software.
Title: Process Technician
Location: Durham NC
Client Job ID: 1587602