* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Engineering Department in carrying out PHAs, including HAZOPS. Act as PHA facilitator in the process areas assigned.
- Complete ANSI/ISA 84 SIL analysis were applicable for all PHA areas assigned.
- Work to close-out open PHA and PSM Audit recommendations as prioritized and assigned by Engineering Management.
- Generate, implement, and follow-up on Management of Change (MOC), Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) assigned, with priority on ECNs that are generated from PHAs and Process Hazards Reviews (PHRs).
- Assist the Engineering Department in timely prioritization and close-out of open ECNs and PHA action items.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager with ensuring all instruments or systems identified as safeguards in PHAs are maintained and operated reliably through application of industry recognized ITPM practices.
- Assist the Engineering Department in formalizing Process Safety Information (PSI) files for all Processes and Equipment throughout the facility.
- Participate in Operating Instructions reviews and updates, as assigned.
- Participate in Incident Investigations and root cause analyses, as assigned.
- Be familiar with various Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEPs) as they apply to the PSI and Mechanical Integrity elements of the PSM standard and assist the Engineering and Maintenance Departments in the implementation of these RAGAGEPs.
- Assist with the further development of Maintenance and Engineering Procedures as part of the basis for establishing best engineering practices or RAGAGEPs in maintaining the safe design.
- Assist with further development of and facilitate bi-annual review of Engineering Standards in accordance with new RAGAGEPs, as applicable.
- Assist Engineering and the Safety & Health Departments with the implementation of remaining PSM elements as assigned by the Engineering Manager (Employee Participation, Training, Contractor Management, Pre-Startup Safety Reviews, Hot Work Permits, Emergency Planning and Response, Compliance Audits, and Trade Secrets)
- Train and participate as a member of the site Hazardous Materials response team, as required.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Creative problem-solving capabilities.
- Analytical thinker with a focus on details to identify process hazards and cost-effective methods to mitigate these hazards through inherently safer design.
- Understand the applications of ANSI/ISA 84 Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Safety Interlock Function (SIF), and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) system, as required.
- Strong knowledgeable in OSHA 1910.119 PSM Standards including Process Hazard Analysis (PHA): HAZOPS, Facilities Siting Analysis, and Human Factors Analysis.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science/Master of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university.
- At least 8 – 10 years of experience in a specialty chemical process engineering or safety engineering function at a PSM-covered facility.
- PHA Team Leader training from a leading PSM organization is preferred.