* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Responsible for continuous improvement of injection molding processes. Work with production management, quality control and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify process activities to support customer requirements. Implement new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and affect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Motivate and provide direction to the Process Technicians ensuring appropriate directions, training, and evaluation.
- Develop and maintain the process standards in which all parts are manufactured.
- Review production and operating records and resolves technical processing issues.
- Specify project management and buy-off of new equipment.
- Manage exploration of new materials and processes in order to achieve the best quality, process, and reliability.
- Verify and apply narrow ranges for optimum processes to meet customer expectations.
- Compile data and analyze information to assist in the preparation of budget and to reduce operational costs.
- Work with tool shops for all tool repairs and maintenance.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Understand, apply and meet all function-related Quality, EHS, Product Safety and Compliance requirements.
- Must have the ability to work additional hours or overtime as needed
Title: Process Engineer
Location: Detroit MI
Client Job ID: 1589012