Our high profile client is seeking an Analyst in their Private Equity business. The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting directly with clients, while supporting the broader functions of the private equity platform. This position has excellent exposure to the executive management team.
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assists investment team in performing due diligence and analysis for potential energy, natural resources and energy infrastructure opportunities.
- Analyze direct and co-mingled investment opportunities and report findings and recommendations.
- Assist in evaluating investment partners through analyzing reference checks, management teams, corporate or investment strategy, operations, current and projected market environment, financial statements and projections.
- Communicate and present results of analysis to team and management formally and informally, including through the preparation and presentation of reports, models, memorandums, and presentations.
- Perform ongoing investment monitoring and analysis of invested portfolio including underlying exposure, diversification and leverage to market dynamics
- Interact with senior management, team members, legal counsel, accounting, operations, custodians, external advisers and consultants in the course of conducting responsibilities
- Utilize information systems for analysis and reporting
- Two to four plus years of full-time investment, financial advisory, energy industry, consulting, or equivalent consulting experience
- Undergraduate degree from a highly accredited university required in relevant field, top tier MBA is a big plus
- Knowledge of investment concepts, terminology, styles, models, strategies, and fundamental investment factors
- Working proficiency with statistical concepts, methods, and models, and their application to investments
- Reasonable understanding of energy, natural resources and infrastructure industry dynamics, and valuation metrics and techniques
- New business origination, negotiation and closing history in an advisory role is a plus
- Relevant sponsor relationships within energy private equity space is a plus
- Experience in consulting with firms such as Bain, McKinsey, BCG, or Accenture, is required.