Lucas Group has partnered with our client on their search for a Pricing Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest firms in Houston. Ideal candidate will have a strong pricing background and a wholistic view of pricing as it relates to the industry
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Performs detailed financial analysis and creates pricing scenarios in support of the development of pricing alternatives in response to client requests and RFP’s.
- Supports Attorneys, CFO and Practice Group Directors with pricing, matter estimates, matter profitability and post-matters analysis.
- Develops pricing solutions for the firm’s practice groups in conjunction with market trends and profitability goals.
- Provides consultation regarding rates and AFA’s to determine best practices to achieve desired pricing results and consistency with the firm’s philosophy and policies.
- Pro-actively looks at the impact of historic data on future outcomes.
- Identifies financial trends and AFA best practices and recommends improvements accordingly.
- Develops and documents processes relating to pricing.
- Identifies areas for automation of pricing processes.
- Oversees the development and administration of pricing tools.
- Market knowledge of rates, becoming proficient in Peer Monitor, using other survey data, and generally keeping in tune with rate trends.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment under tight deadlines, and to work under pressure, maintaining composure in stressful situations.
- Attention to detail and strong time management and problem solving skills
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in finance, accounting or a related field.
- Law firm industry is a must.
- 5 or more years experience in professional firm
- MS Office, including expert knowledge of Excel; ability to learn new software and database applications quickly
Title: Pricing Manager
Location: Houston - Downtown