Position Title: Preconstruction Sales – Chicago Area
Reports To: Vice President of Preconstruction
The Preconstruction Salesperson manages all sales and marketing activities for the Chicago area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and achieve annual sales goals; margin attainment; and track most profitable projects and customers.
- Run the sales process for the organization in the Chicago area.
- Work with architects, engineers, contractors, and developers to discover projects to bid and negotiate.
- Provide up-front preconstruction and design assistance to project teams.
- Provides leadership and/or supports the design, development, and implementation of products and service lines.
- Provide direction to market and competitor analysis to determine how to win.
- Cultivate and maintain customer relationships for market area. Continually stay close with customers through events, newsletters, office visits, calls, meetings, and emails.
- Work closely with project management, always looking to improve our processes.
- Communicate clearly to internal and external customers.
- Maintain a YES! attitude.
- Evaluate all wins and losses for learning and present to team.
- Set up and participate in Learning Control meetings for projects nearing completion.
- Help to maintain the Salesforce program for tracking and strategic planning.
- Provides input and support to the company’s leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations, and partnership arrangements.
- Meets on a regular basis with existing customers, and also expands customer base.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- Minimum five years sales experience in the construction/building materials industry and BA/BS degree.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Great organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a proven track record of client facing and presentation skills.
- Self-starter seeking the opportunity to grow with a forward moving company.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to lead a project team.
- People person!
- Strong YES! attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge or precast concrete preferred.