* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Central Energy Plant Operator is given the responsibility for independently operating an expensive and complex facility and to maintain effective communications with the company team and our customer. They proactively seek out improvements to safety routines and strive to improve plant cleanliness. The successful candidate must be willing to be a productive member of a small, close-knit team. Performs and for coordinates the maintenance activities of the plant. Assists in operation, and ensures coverage of operating shifts when a fellow operator is absent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Ensures coverage of an operating shift when a fellow operator is absent, or a vacancy exists.
- Walk plant hourly and record equipment parameters (temperatures, pressures, electrical meters).
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment.
- Start and stop equipment and operate valves according to procedure.
- Perform water chemistry testing on various systems.
- Present themselves in a clean, neat, professional manner in the company uniform.
- Improve cleanliness of the Central Energy Plant and all associated equipment.
- Understand and utilize safety procedures and equipment; and recommends improvements.
- Complete ongoing OSHA basic safety training.
Shift: 6 week shift rotation (12 or 8 hour shifts)