Our client, a publicly traded manufacturer, has engaged our firm on their search for a Plant Operations Controller. This role will be responsible for the accounting processes, financial reporting, management reporting (including cost reporting and analysis), sales and use tax management, tax reporting and administration of payroll for the company’s facility. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Lead plant month end closing process and generation of financial statements, including cost accounting for inventory at the plant, and operating reports.
- Oversight and responsibility of financial processes, including invoicing, accounts payable, cash collections, payroll, fixed assets and calculating accrued liabilities.
- Production of forecasts and budgets; measure actual results against same. Experience with a significant construction project a plus.
- Assist in the development of accounting policies and procedures with a focus on compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards of the United States.
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy of reported results and accounting records.
- Maintain and enhance controls over financial reporting.
- Providing and communicating financial analysis and recommendations to management.
- Gather and coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for audit activity.
- Maintain Cost Accounting System, with a focus on data driven analytics to support management’s business decisions.
- Participate in physical inventory counts and monitor cycle count program.
- Special projects, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited institution.
- CPA certificate required.
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience. Emphasis on Cost accounting.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Inquisitive, proactive and high-energy individual, with a passion to learn and contribute.