Our client is the #1 company in their industry and we are seeking a Plant Manager to lead their Des Moines, Iowa facility. The Plant Manager will be responsible for a 24/7 plant with around 150+ union employees and the full P&L of the site.
Plant Manager Responsibilities
- The Plant Manager is responsible for all production, quality, service, and safety for the site.
- The Plant Manager will be responsible for the P&L for the operation. This includes creating budgets and the daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly KPIs necessary to meet the business objectives.
- Leverage a strong knowledge base in BPI/WCOM (Business Process Improvement, World Class Operations Management) to identify improvements.
- Provide oversight to all Cap-Ex and Continuous Improvement projects.
- Responsible for all employees in the plant including the hiring, training, development, promotion, disciplinary actions, or terminations as required.
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Drive adherence to Lean, Six Sigma, ISO, WCM, and other manufacturing & quality standards.
Plant Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Operations, or a related field.
- At least 7+ years of experience managing production.
- Experience leading a union workforce is required.
- Any experience with packaging, extrusion, slitting, coating, finishing, or the production of platics is preferred.