* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
This key operational role is responsible for all aspects of the daily operations at an 18,000 cwt/day wheat flour mill. The Plant Manager will have a leading role in supporting and implementing Programs and Standard Operating Procedures and must be excellent at training and developing operational staff. The ideal candidate sets and maintains high standards for Safety and Quality for all departments while maintaining production and efficiency excellence. Successful candidates will be good communicators who can nurture outstanding interdepartmental, commercial and customer relationships. They will have the ability to identify and decisively solve problems as they arise, develop and supervise capital improvement projects and maintain records in accordance with established company policies.
The Plant Manager reports directly to the Regional Operations Director, has approximately 4 department managers who report directly to them and 50 operations colleagues as indirect reports.
- Manage an 18,000 Cwt. / day Wheat Flour Mill.
- Coordinate production schedules of all department and products.
- Proactively lead and support operational excellence initiatives.
- Provide technical knowledge for processes and equipment to obtain performance.
- Utilize production personnel and equipment in a safe and efficient manner to acquire maximum capacity and performance on budget with optimum yields and quality product.
- Plan, initiate and put into operation, plant improvement projects on time and on budget.
- Continually train and develop operational staff.
Health, Safety & Environmental:
- Facilitate and ensure adherence to safety laws, regulations, rules and sound practices.
- Work with regional and local management on the continued development and implementation of Health & Safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and participate in audits, prioritizing and tracking completion of findings.
- Ensure that unsafe behavior and conditions are corrected.
- Maintain the necessary Health, Safety & Environmental records and documentation.
- Perform Safety audits and set the example for safety.
- Ensure the facility maintains world class sanitation standards.
- Communicate food safety/sanitation/quality programs to plant supervisors and hourly employees.
- Prepare the facility for, and participate in, regulatory/third party/customer/company audits.
- Must have a strong dedication to employee safety
- Strongly prefer degree in a related field of Engineering, Milling Science and or minimum of ten years of hands-on production supervisory experience.
- Require excellent command of the following: leadership, problem solving, self-motivation, organizational skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must have established leadership skills
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly, read, comprehend and communicate orally and in writing.
- Position requires standing and walking for long periods, climbing stairs and ladders, working with tools, working within close-confined spaces and working within extreme temperatures.