Responsible for management and continuous improvement of all manufacturing activities related to the extrusion production processes. The Plant Manager will refine and drive plant-specific key performance areas, in conjunction with key plant management. Planning, developing and implementing strategies to meet performance goals within applicable budgets and timelines.
- Provide leadership to all aspects of the manufacturing operations
- Strive for continuous improvement in manufacturing processes to ensure efficiencies and eliminate waste, and implement such plans through people, processes, procedures and equipment.
- Identify, understand, and adopt relevant best practices to ensure ongoing growth and profitability.
- Reduce unit costs
- Monitor, measure and report on operational performance, opportunities and risks.
- Direct the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Manage, mentor and coach direct and indirect reports as appropriate.
- Ensure effective interchange of information between all work groups.
- Exercise direct supervision over general supervisors and line supervisors with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production to meet production schedules and delivery dates.
- Meet financial objectives and goals by forecasting requirements, support the annual budget process.
- Direct and lead all operations to achieve monthly profit results with a focus on operations throughput.
- Ensure and oversee all EH&S & OSHA rules and regulations are in force.
- Bachelors degree is required, Engineering or related discipline
- 5-8 years of hands-on manufacturing management experience
- Extrusion industry experience is required
- Proficient use of Internet, spreadsheets and data entry
- Measurement and results oriented with statistical process capability
- Prior plant management experience a strong plus.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, professional office environment