* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Maintenance Supervisor will provide leadership functions, train and develop individuals. Maintains repairs, installs and/or modifies various mechanical & electrical equipment associated with production lines, support equipment, buildings or facilities at Santa Fe Springs, Ca.
- Oversees all aspects of maintaining production equipment and facilities at the plant to ensure safe and efficient operations with a continued improvement in profitability.
- Will manage a team of 15+ electricians & mechanics.
- Manage spend for maintenance labor, parts, and repairs.
- Manage the PM program & CMS.
- Performs periodic inspections of production lines & facilities to assure dependable 24/7 operation.
- Work directly with all departments to troubleshoot open issues with production daily.
- Handles personnel issues, documenting all issues, and handles conflicts between employees. Responsible for disciplinary actions to all direct reports.
- Knowledge of purchasing and storeroom management required.
- BA/BS degree preferred in a technical field or 2 years Technical Electrical training or Certified Controls Electrician with minimum 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior maintenance supervisory or plant engineering experience in a 24/7 operation.
- Must poses knowledge on how to read, write and follow electrical schematics, blueprints, specifications and building plans and manuals.
- Must be self-motivated with a desire to make improvements in profitability.
- Able to lift/push/pull over 50 pounds. Must be able to lift objects up to 15 pounds overhead.
- Prior experience managing repair part purchases & inventories.
- Excellent computer skills in PLC, Auto-cad, Outlook, Excel, Word needed.
- Maximo, MP3, or Maintenance Connection experience a plus.
- Previous maintenance experience in extrusion / thermoforming / stamping / converting.
- Knowledge in Lean / Tier process
- Demonstrated history or downtime reduction through process improvements and machine reliability.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations.