Responsible for overall site plant operations. Drives manufacturing operating policy to realize business strategy. Effectively develops teams that can achieve corporate improvement objectives. Creates a work environment which promotes safety and quality, while adhering to all regulated environmental guidelines. Accountable for all aspects of plant performance and will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner; consistent with quality requirements, ensuring policies and procedures are followed. Drives best practice through the organization and leads the implementation of improvement in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Makes and/or approves major operating, business, engineering and operational decisions, as required, to ensure that plant is operating optimally.
- Ensures that strategic operational/business plans are developed and implemented within plant, and analyzes and reports, on the achievements and/or gaps.
- Holds direct responsibility for managing cost by effective approval expenditures, overtime and effective budget monitoring and monthly variance reporting.
- Manages change by anticipating or responding to developments within the plant and FDC
- Directs the Operations Manager in the overall FDC operational capacity.
- Manages Customer relationships in a positive and professional manner
- Directly, and through delegation, coordinates activities required to assure optimum safety compliance, field/shop/office efficiency, reliability, and quality in accordance with established contracts, agreements, policies and applicable regulatory laws and procedures
- Communicates, monitors and controls the effective plant expenditure on labor, materials and expenses against issued budgets, ensuring accurate performance and reporting via standard site documentation and tools, and/or written reports to corporate.
- Ensures the correct implementation of all related project instructions; maintaining visibility of project progress against the agreed schedule, liaise and report on all matters of concern relating to the program, viability, safety, environmental, work quality and HR related performance.
- Ensures that project quality and safety requirements are applied in accordance with Company and statutory requirements.
- Ability to "Coach and Mentor" team members by aligning with business needs.
- Prepares, authorizes, review progress reports, cost reports, sales reporting, job reporting, business structure, business opportunity and ensure the preparation (by others), of other associated documents, in accordance with FDC procedures.
- Develops and implements cost saving initiatives to improve operational performance within the plant.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make sound, cost effective judgments
- Holds direct responsibility for managing cost by effective approval expenditures, overtime and effective budget monitoring and monthly variance reporting, OTIF, EBITDA.
- Participates in special products and performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Engineering, Industrial Technology or Business or equivalent (10 years manufacturing leadership experience)
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Operations/Lean Management, preferably with a printing focus, and with P&L responsibility at the plant level is necessary.
- Experience in being the lead change agent in complex transformational activities.
- Significant experience in implementation of complex Lean principals as they apply to manufacturing operations.
- Formal Lean training from an "academy" organization - either through direct consulting experience or via organizations with deep, well-established lean operating systems.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide innovative solutions.
- Proven success designing, implementing, communicating, and meeting KPI goals, including reducing supply chain costs, improving through-put, shortening cycle time, and improving inventory turns.
- Expert business knowledge
- Excellent proven communication skills